I/O Design & Engineering designs machinery and components for heavy industry. We excel at solving problems and developing cost effective engineered solutions. Our range of services includes everything from designing new automated equipment to troubleshooting and redesigning existing mechanical equipment.
We utilize current technologies to be able to deliver precise and affordable design and engineering solutions to our clients.
At I/O Design & Engineering we believe in:
- encouraging an open office structure,
- collaborating between employees, management and clients,
- sharing expertise and knowledge,
- creating a healthy work and life balance.
We place high importance on the value of our employees, and in developing and maintaining positive relationships both inside and outside of the office. We encourage our employees to let us know:
- what their interests are,
- what type of work they like to do,
- what direction they would like to take their career within the company.
We feel when employees are satisfied in their positions they are able to meet and exceed the needs of our clients.
We believe building relationships outside of work helps strengthen relationships inside the office. Throughout the we year host several events. Some of these include:
- Client appreciation “Bike Day”,
- corporate staff meeting at Christina Lake,
- Christmas staff party,
- staff Golf Day,
- lunch hour hockey.
I/O Design values education. In the past employees have been sent for training through:
- Selkirk College
- David Hatfield, M. Ed – Conflict Transformation
Community is very important to everyone at I/O Design & Engineering. We support several organizations and groups throughout the year. Some of these groups are:
- Trail Association for Community Living – Career Development Services
- BV Avalanche Hockey Club Annual Charity Tournament
- Kootenay Columbia Trails Society
- Co-op Studies
- High School Career Days
- Trail & District Public Library Summer Reading Club
- Sunshine Bay Park Commission
- Friends of Kootenay Lake
- Redfish Elementary School
Keeping current on technologies relevant to our industry is important to us. Currently we have knowledge in the following software and hardware:
- Autodesk 2015
- Autocad 2015
- Inventor 2015 Professional including Finite Element Analysis
- Leica Geosystems
- Scanstation C10 3D Scanner
- Cyclone 9.0
- Microsoft office
- In-house excel calculation tools
- Precision measuring instruments
- 3D plane laser level
- In-house project management software