- Determining as-built status of facilities and infrastructure.
- Recording a complete and accurate electronic model of scanned objects, such as underground services that will not be accessible for future measurements.
- Retrofitting mechanical and process equipment into existing facilities.
- Capturing existing piping runs for the purpose of accurately determining spool lengths for replacement piping.
- Displacement monitoring of process vessels, equipment, or infrastructure such as retaining walls or buildings.
- Volume determination of stockpiles and excavations.
- Determining if sufficient clearance is available for objects to clear each other when being lifted.
- Remote measurements of inaccessible locations either because of safety or access issues.
- For time sensitive measurements, a full scan of all objects within 150 m of the unit can be captured in as little as 7 minutes.
- 3D Model of existing equipment after processing.
- Raw Point Cloud Data for further processing in point cloud software.
- Contour lines, usable in AutoCAD.
- Colour map showing displacement.
- And many more…
I/O Design offers full 3D scanning services utilizing a Leica ScanStation C10 scanner paired with Leica Cyclone 9.0 Registration and Model software. We have in-house expertise in both field scanning and data analysis in our Trail BC office.
About 3D Scanning
The Leica C10 scanner is capable of capturing 50,000 data points per second at ranges up to 150 m. A data point is generated when the laser pulse, generated by the scanner, reflects off of a surface. The scanner captures and records an X, Y, Z coordinate for each data point.
Individual data points have a positional accuracy of ±6 mm and a distance accuracy of ±4 mm. However, by utilizing Cyclone software to manipulate the point cloud data, I/O Design has a high degree of confidence that the accuracy of many objects can be determined to within 1 mm.