Thank you for your interest in I/O Design & Engineering.
We are always looking for exceptional people to join our team- people who share our values of safety, integrity, and accountability. As a part of our team, you can expect to be involved in interesting and diverse projects where you will be given challenging opportunities.
If you do not see a current opportunity that suits your background, but feel that your skills would be a valued asset to I/O Design, please contact us at email@example.com.
About the Company
I/O Design and Engineering (I/O Design) provides mechanical and structural engineering through detailed design services for a variety of industries. In addition to this core focus, we also supply production and prototype equipment by working closely with fabrication and machine shops.. I/O Design provides our employees with the best software and hardware tools and training available to explore new possibilities that allow us to execute innovative engineering solutions in a cost effective manner. Developing augmented and virtual reality, and 3D printing capabilities are some of the recent initiatives we are pursuing.
I/O Design places a very high value on the happiness and well being of our employees. In addition to competitive remuneration, vacation, flex days and health benefits, we also offer, monthly and dividend bonuses. I/O Design employees are encouraged to participate in a number of annual company events including mountain biking, hockey, golf, and a full day company BBQ at the lake. I/O Design also tries to enhance the well-being of employees through health courses and Employee Assistance Programs (EAP).
We encourage employees to take on leadership roles within the company and draw on the collective knowledge of all employees. Each brings a wide range of skills, and a passion for improving design efficiency. A high value is placed on communication, learning, mentorship, and providing opportunities for each employee to learn and grow.
About the Job
I/O Design is seeking a Mechanical Engineering Technologist (Dipl. T-Mech) with a minimum of 0-5 year experience. You must posses at least 6 of the following skills:
- Strong knowledge of Autodesk Inventor software
- Knowledge of heavy industrial design including automated machines, materials handling equipment, lifting devices, furnace components, safety equipment such as fall arrest systems and structural steel design
- Design capabilities to develop conceptual sketches into detailed 3D Designs
- Successfully communicate directly with plant engineers, tradespeople and operators through advanced verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to compose correspondence and other written materials independently
- Organizational skills to manage physical and electronic information of multiple projects simultaneously
- Have previous hands on / physical work experience in an area that compliments your design expertise
- Safely work in heavy industrial facilities including the ability to conduct field measurements
- Have experience in any of the following:
- Virtual reality software
- Leica 3D Scanners and Cyclone Software
- Microsoft 365 or Microsoft Office
In addition to the above skills you must thrive working as a member of a team comprised of engineers, designers, drafters and project managers while sharing the goal of developing the best solutions possible through a constant exchange of ideas. Additionally you will have the capability to simultaneously work on numerous small projects.
Your desire to learn and use technology to the fullest extent possible shall be matched by your organizational skills. These skills allow you to manage data in a way that it can be accessed and understood by all members of the project team.
This position will provide you with the opportunity to join a small and growing company that utilizes leading edge technology to provide technical expertise to the mineral processing, mining, hydroelectric, pulp & paper and wood processing industries. Upon joining our team you will be challenged to grow your skillset and our capabilities.
In addition to the items that you believe I/O Design should know about you, your cover letter shall specifically address the following items:
- Why you want to live in British Columbia’s Kootenay region
- Your passion for mechanical design
- How you manage information to ensure its accuracy, relevance and timely delivery throughout the project lifecycle. Explain why it is important to develop and improve habits to consistently catch errors, record accurate and timely information, communicate in a clear and rigorous manner tailored to your audience, present condensed well-organized concepts, and understand the impact of your workflow on all stakeholders.
- Why you are an excellent and enjoyable team member to work with in collaboration
About the Region
The greater Trail area is comprised of numerous towns with populations of 1,500 to 10,000 people. The area offers a large number of world class recreational opportunities in all seasons. I/O Design’s employees have all chosen to live here because of the feeling of being part of a community and for the mountain biking, skiing, fishing, canoeing, and numerous other outdoor opportunites.
How to Apply
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to December 20th, 2019.
Isaac Saban, Mechanical Engineer, P. Eng.
I/O Design and Engineering