Thank you for your interest in I/O Design & Engineering.
We are always looking for exceptional people to join our team- people who share our values of safety, integrity, and accountability. As a part of our team, you can expect to be involved in interesting and diverse projects where you will be given challenging opportunities.
If you do not see a current opportunity that suits your background, but feel that your skills would be a valued asset to I/O Design, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Company
I/O Design and Engineering (I/O Design) is a small mechanical engineering firm located in Trail, BC. I/O Design places a very high value on the happiness and well-being of our employees. We offer competitive remuneration, vacation, health benefits, and flex time. I/O Design also tries to enhance the well-being of employees through professional development courses, safety training and an employee assistance program (EAP).
Our employees have a wide range of backgrounds and knowledge. There is a passion for improving design efficiency, through the smart use of technology, to deliver top quality designs to our clients. A high value is placed on learning, mentorship, and providing opportunities for each employee to grow their skills.
Typical projects involve concept generation to detailed design for:
- Automated equipment.
- Lifting devices.
- Material handling equipment.
- Specialty equipment platforms.
- Process equipment and components.
About the Job
I/O Design is seeking a part time administrative assistant for approximately 16 hours a week. This position is offered on a contractual basis within a 2 to 6-month time frame based on the applicant’s qualifications and availability. They will work alongside the current Office Administrator and Project Coordinators. The hours to be worked are flexible and will be set to meet both the needs of I/O Design and the applicant.
The tasks involved include, but are not limited to:
- filing electronic and hard copy documents,
- assisting with project management,
- data entry in Sage 50 Accounting software,
- purchasing office supplies and industrial materials,
- helping to maintain office organization and efficiency for all employees, and
- helping to generate procedures for administrative tasks
The applicant must have the following personal skills:
- ability to work well with technical, goal-oriented individuals,
- excellent organizational skills,
- ability to quickly learn software packages and company procedures including COVID-19 policies,
- attention to detail in all aspects of professional work including communications and information management,
- ability to multi-task in order to achieve schedules and deadlines,
- professional verbal and written communication skills,
- strong work ethic and team spirit,
- awareness of how your workflow affects others in the office, and how the office workflow affects you, and
- flexibility to work in a small company and accept a wide range of responsibilities and roles.
The applicant must have the following technical skills:
- Microsoft Office 365 specifically Word and Excel
Technical skills not required but considered an asset:
- Sage 50 accounting software
- Marketing including website design
- Information Technology (IT)
In addition to the items that I/O Design should know about you, your cover letter must specifically address the following items:
- Why you enjoy living in British Columbia’s Kootenay region,
- Why you would make an excellent and enjoyable team member, and
- Why office administration interests you.
Starting wage is dependent upon experience. I/O Design provides a comprehensive benefit package in addition to a team oriented and professional work environment.
How to Apply
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is Friday, July 10th.
Isaac Saban, Mechanical Engineer, P. Eng.,